Monday 22 September 2014

Year A - Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time - Year A
Ezekiel 18, 25 - 28
Psalm 24
Philippians 2, 1 - 11
Matthew 21,28 - 32



To go further 

Details 

- The rabbit, in prayer, invokes the name of Jesus. This brings the demon to fall (as ever, in my comic strips, there is the number 6 [imperfection] when there is the question of a demon. There are 6 stars).
-  The demon falls from the dizzy heights where he had placed himself. He is now put in his rightful place.

- He doesn't even fall to his knees, but to an even lower level still.

- The blue rabbits' hand is showing uncertainty, but the effectiveness of his word is sure. There is a visible difference between the timidity of the rabbit and the force of his word inspired by God.


Questions 

 - To invoke the name of Jesus is always effective. Yet "Effective" does not mean to say "it works as I wish it to" (nor "it works under certain conditions"). It means "He is acting upon it".
"In every situation, ask yourself: what would our Lord have done? Then do that" wrote brother Charles. "That is your only rule but it is absolutely binding on you"

-If we ask what Jesus would do, it is because we know him at a minimum. I cannot ask myself what my great-great-grandfather would have done, if I did not know him. On the other hand, I can ask myself what Jesus would have done as I have enough elements (in the Gospel) of his actions and gestures.
To know the wish of God, it is to first know the being of God ; To know the wish of God, seek to know God.

- Am I more attached to the result of my prayer than to the he who I pray to?


No comments:

Post a Comment