Monday 20 October 2014

Year A - Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time - Year A
Exodus 22, 20 - 26
Psalm 17
1 Tessalonians 1, 5 - 10
Matthew 22, 34 - 40


To go further

Details

- There is the parable in the Gospel of Matthew (Mt 18,28) where he who has lent throws himself upon he who owes him, to strangle him. Here, we see a hand which is used to strangle and another which is ready to hit.
- The rabbit on the left has the "knowledge" (he knows the ten commandments), the one on the right expects a model, a witness, not someone who is judgemental.

Questions

This cartoon also illustrates a saying of Jesus concerning the Pharisees. "Do as I say, not as I do" It is easy to say that the most important commandment is to love. Yet, in what I do, do I show this? Do I live it? Am I a living   "Living Word"?

No comments:

Post a Comment