Monday 23 March 2015

Year B - Palm Sunday

Palm Sunday - Year B
Mark 11, 1-10
Isaiah 50, 4-7
Psalm 21
Philippians 2, 6-11
Mark 14, 1-15, 47







To go further

Details

- Scenery: a deserted town, apart from a person passing by and calling.
- A rabbit who's carrying as much as a mule would, who's walking straight on, and climbing...
- For those who don't know about the story, Cana is the place where Jesus turned the water into wine. If the rabbit offers this little detour, that's only because it would benefit him...

Questions 

- Let's say that the rabbit with a jar is called C, like "Christian advanced in his faith" and the one behindis called N, like "neophyte" (newborn in faith).
- C is well ahead, he's carrying something heavy, he's almost reached the top, he's struggling... Difficult!
- N is still at the bottom, quite happy, he looks at the bright side of things, he's following the other one but offers an alternative route. Maybe N is right? Despite the fact he's wrong because he's looking for a simple option, his inner attitude is right because he trusts God.
- What about me, do I listen to whomever is "lower than I"? Are "the poors my masters"? Do I let them challenge me? Do I stand my ground and refuse to move an inch?
- To be specific, when did I listen to someone smaller than I, whether it be on the social ladder, the family ladder, or the professional ladder? Did I take their opinion into account?

No comments:

Post a Comment