Monday 27 April 2015

Year B - Fifth Sunday of Easter


Fifth Sunday of Easter

Apostles Acts 9, 26-31

Psalm 21

1 John 3, 18-24
John 15, 1-8



To go further

Details

-All is grey in the landscape

-This Rabbit puts himself in the trash, he believes that he is the king of worthlessness (His heart is a big zero, that is what he thinks)

-He does not see two things:

1. That his heart takes him very high

2. That the sun rises (he turns his back)
 


Questions

-To believe oneself to be worthless does not necessarily mean "to be humble".
-To believe oneself to be worthless, that is to compare oneself to others, to judge, is to enclose oneself in a lie.
-To believe oneself to be worthless, it is to not listen to God, because God creates only good people. If I believe myself to be worthless, it means that my own thoughts of myself are held in greater importance than the thoughts which God has of me. Between God and I, who is most right? He or I?
"For God is greater than our heart and knows all things." Have you ever noticed that one of the benefits of the Sacrament of Reconciliation is to be told by someone else that we are pardoned? God is greater than our heart. The priest who listens to me, listens to me more sympathetically than myself, with less judgements than myself. When I confess (if it still happens to me ...), do I look at myself (as the rabbit turns towards himself), or do I hold my gaze towards the rising sun which is Christ ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment