Monday 18 May 2015

Year B - Pentecost

Pentecost - Year B
Apostles Acts 2, 1-11
Psalm 103
Galatians 5, 16-25
John 15, 26-27 ; 16, 12-15





To go further
Details

-This phrase is the judgement of those who see the Apostles Act, while they speak in other languages. Some are surprised, some choose to mock.
-Here, the rabbit is rather drunk. Visibly, he has imbibed quite a dose of Holy Spirit. (For the children, I point out that one must above all not drink white spirit, it is dangerous and not the Holy Spirit in bottled form!)
-We can distinguish 3 doves and 7 hearts (just as the 7 gifts of the Spirit that we found in Isaiah chapter 11, verse 2 and thereafter)
-The fact that the movements are in white, indicates light.

Questions

-Another liturgical detail, this verse (Ac 2.13) is not part of the text for this Sunday (which in fact stops at 2.11) , and curiously enough, we never hear it, not on Sunday, not in the week (unless I am mistaken...). This is why I wished to mention it here.
-To receive the holy spirit, it is not to say that we become, necessarily, as such. It can be externalised in one way or another. That said, what judgement do I have in front of "crazy" Christians ? 
-The white-spirit is used to dissolve paint,  varnish and printing ink (so some hefty stuff). The Holy Spirit does he not dissolve the superficial veneer from our lives, to go deeper? What is my veneer ? How many layers are there ? And if we remove them, I run the risk of being less protected... yet very much more authentic ! I would shine less, but I would have my natural colour.
What is the interest to be shielded ? Do I appreciate shielded people,  hermetic people ? Why ?
If I shield myself, in what way will it distort me ?

No comments:

Post a Comment