Thursday 14 May 2015

Year B - Seventh Sunday of Easter

Seventh Sunday of Easter - Year B
Apostles Acts 1, 15-17, 20-26
Psalm 102
1 John 4, 11-16
John 17, 11-19





To go further

Details

-These glasses represent the Holy Trinity.
The lens on the left, it is the Father that we don't see but who is the Light.

The lens on the right, it is the Son, Jesus, who reveals the Father to us. When we look upon Jesus, we see the Father. He show us the Father with his hand.

He who links the Father to the Son, it is the Holy Spirit (The bar in the centre upon which is written Spirit)
-On the left arm, we see (and not so easily) "FIDES". It is the faith which reveals our God to us, in three people. In other words, by faith and the Revelation, it is possible to find God with ones intelligence, but impossible to arrive at the conclusion that God is three people.

Questions

(Here, one must decide upon which to work, because there are too many)
-In the Gospal of John, chapter 14, Jesus says "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father". Can I say "Whoever sees me, sees Christ"? Following this verse, it shows me that if reside in Love, we can see God in me. How am I positioned concerning those perons who I like the least ? Who are they ? Why do they disgust me? What would Jesus do in my place ? How would he welcome them ? Have I completely rejected someone? Why ?

- Have I ever been met by someone, who truly loved, to the point of giving their time, their money, their skills, without expecting anything in return ? Have I myself experienced this ? Have I been conscious that this internal voice pushing me to react came from further than me (from God without doubt) ?

No comments:

Post a Comment