Monday 4 May 2015

Year B - Sixth Sunday of Easter

Sixth Sunday of Easter - Year B
Apostles Acts 10, 25-26, 34-35, 44-48, 8, 15-17
Psalm 97
1 John 4, 7-10
John 15, 9-17



To go further

Details

This verse is taken from a story that I like very much. A centurion who does not know God (his name is Cornelius) has an apparition and God asks him to go to Joppa, and look in a particular house, for a certain Peter. He does not know him, he does not know why but he sends men to get him. The same day, Peter has a vision of a great sheet, falling from the sky, filled with animals. God asks him to eat these animals. Peter refuses because, he says, "They are impure". This vision works and at that moment the men sent by Cornelius arrive. Peter follows them, then once he arrives, he begins to speak to Jesus. Right in the middle of his discourse, the holy spirit takes hold of all those who listen (it is the cartoon of the week). We see Peter on the right, the first to be surprised.
Cornelius is represented on the left. When the Holy Spirit falls on him, he becomes inhabited by the spirit. He has the form of a dove, symbol of the Holy Spirit. He seems happy, he is in the light,  he is ready to fly with his own wings.
The three rays show that God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is at work (everywhere where there is the holy spirit, there is the father and the son) and the twelve stars show that the mission of the twelve is to transmit the word of God so that the Holy Spirit can do the rest.

Questions

-And I, am I conscious of the power of the word of God? When this good news is proclaimed and experienced in my life, the Holy Spirit can act through me.
-Am I available like Cornelius? Do I shake myself in my prayer like Peter to the point of changing my way of seeing things? When ?



No comments:

Post a Comment