Wednesday 1 March 2017

Year A - 6th Sunday of Ordinary Time

6th Sunday of Ordinary Time – Year A
1st Reading : Sirac the wise 15.15-20
Psalm 118
2nd Reading : 1 Corinthians 2.6-10 
Gospel: Matthew 5.17-37
 
 
 
To go further
 
Details
 
-This indecisive rabbit is perched on a tree stump with a few leaves, as if it were stopped from developing any further.
-He alone will make the decision
-In his body language, everything is contradictory:
-His body is turned towards the left and his head to the right
-He has one arm in front and the other behind.
-One ear turned up, the other down (he hears two different pieces of advice).
 
Questions
 
-The ability to say "Yes" or "No" is the most beautiful gift that God has given to each of us. It means that we each have the capacity to think for ourselves, and to become ourselves.
-Do I use this gift to effect power over others?
-Am I eternally indecisive?
-Do I wait for the response to come from outside?
-To say yes or non allows others to position themselves regarding me because they know what I think. Without these words from me, can the relationship really exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment