Epiphany - Year C
To go further
- As ever, upon first view, it is quite funny, yet there is something deeper beyond first glance...
- The kings are looking for the star. One has a map with a hole in it, the other doubts somewhat.
- Yet if we follow the stare of the first king, he sees much further than the map. With his right eye, he looks at you, and with his left eye, he seem to look further still, to the sky. You decide...
- The star which he seeks has six points, just as the star of David.
- In the cartoon, all the stars have 5 points, except for two. One has 8 and we can easily find it.
- If you are still looking for the star with 6 points, read on and I will tell you where it is.
We find it above God, represented in the cartoon (no really). He is represented by the question mark found in the bible verse, right up top. We cannot imagine God, so I have represented Him in this way.
- Last point, in the hole in the map, behind the rabbits head, there are no stars to be seen, because the brightest star here is the illuminated face of the rabbit who has found God.
- When you have found the star in the cartoon, can you now find the star in your life?
- How is it that the rabbit points his finger towards the star, even though the star is behind him ? I will leave that question open to you.